More than 1.4 billion people around the world use Android devices around the world. It is one of the most credible and niftiest mobile operating systems around. But it is open source, and with all the perks of open source OS, the users have to face issues like instability, periodic errors and crashes. There is an app error which has been plaguing Android devices since long, but has revitalized after the launch of Lollipop version of Android. A problem is the error “unfortunately recommended apps has stopped”, or “unfortunately app has stopped” (app name in place of “app”). This error could come for a specific app or sometimes for all apps in Android. Moreover, this error also comes when the user plugs in the headphones in the jack of the phone. The problem with such errors is that they do not provide any information. The error we want to fix also does not have any code or explanation. But since we cannot do anything about it, let’s focus on the solutions to get rid of this issue. So far, there has been no official fix by Google for this problem. But it turns out we can fix this issue by applying some simple procedures. This article lists multiple working solutions to fix Unfortunately app has stopped error in Android. You can try these methods one by one to fix this error.
Fix Unfortunately App Has Stopped Error in Android
If the error is coming for a specific app, you must clear data and cache for this app. Most of the times, due to continuous usage, the app data gets inundated with jargon and due to the low primary memory of the device, things go haywire. You can clear cache and data for any specific app by following the steps given below.
- Launch Settings app in Android.
- Now tap “Application Manager”.
- Swipe to the right to go to “All” tab as shown in the image.
- Now go to the app for which you are facing the “unfortunately app has stopped” error in Android. tap this and there will be two options: Clear Data and Clear Cache. Tap on these buttons one by one and all the data and cache will be cleared for the app.
You can try launching the app again. This is how to fix Unfortunately app has stopped error in Android. You can try this method irrespective of the Android version. If the problem is still not fixed, move on to the next solution.
Another way to wipe off cache is by hard resetting the phone. This solution has fixed the apps stopped working problem for many.If you come across the error “unfortunately app has stopped” during the headphone usage, you must try this solution.
- Switch off your Android device.
- Long press VOLUME UP + HOME button + POWER button at once. Keep pressing these buttons until your device vibrates.
- When the phone vibrates, let go the power button, but keep pressing the other two buttons.
- Release all the buttons as soon as you see the boot screen with a little text on it.
- Now select the wipe cache partition option from the screen by using Volume Up and Down buttons. Use the POWER button to confirm.
- After the cache is wiped off, use the Power button to choose the option to reboot the device.
- After the device is rebooted, try running the faulty app(s). Hopefully, this would fix app stopped working problem in Android.
Tweak Recommended Apps Settings
Android’s latest versions have a section called “Recommended Apps”. The settings of these apps could get messed up and as a result, users are getting app not working problems. You can try another solution to solve the problem.
- Launch Settings in your Android phone.
- Tap on “Notification Panel”.
- You will see“Recommended Apps” tab. It should be turned ON. If it is already turned ON, turn it off for a few seconds and then turn it ON.
The last solution to fix Unfortunately app has stopped error in Android is to uninstall the faulty app and then reinstall it. Reinstallation of the app would remove the cache automatically, and everything would be started afresh. All the settings for the newly installed app would be set by default, so there are bright chances that the app would work.
If you still face the problem, comment on this post with the details of the problem and we will find another solution for you.